6/23/2009

Wheeler Farm's Barn


Everyday, I drive by Wheeler Farm on my way to and from work. Wheeler farm is a great family friendly place to visit, and it free, and yo get to learn about, yep, farming.

anyway, a lot of people know this barn from the front side where the enterence ios, but I get to see the back side all the time. I always liked the way that the back side is kind of hidden away, yet still quite prominent in the scenery.

When I shooting HDR images, most high end DSLR cameras have auto-bracketing (basically the camera takes multiple pictures for you at different exposure settings). but mine doesn't have this nice feature so I have to do it manually, which I don't mind because then I know exactly what its doing and I feel more in control. However when you do thid manually, it does take a bit longer. I didn't realize how fast the wind was blowing the clods by that day, and so I when I created the first HDR photo, my sky was in blured motion. I then burned it out and replaced it with one of the original skys for the image above. The image below is the HDR sky. Tell me which you like better.



1 comment:

  1. Love it! Good job. That's often what is done for the sky regardless, since you tend to get a massive halo effect in the sky around things like trees.

    One option around moving objects, not sure if you are aware, is to shoot in RAW. This records a very wide range of light. You can then open it in Camera RAW, or anything that can make RAW adjustments and change the exposure it the stops you want.

    ReplyDelete